1. Touch IC GT911 Overview
Multi 5-Point Capacitive Touch Controller for Small-size Mobile Internet Device
With over ten years of experience in the mass production of touch screen controllers, we offer a variety of products that support common TP structures. Our products have been widely applied in various types of smart devices in many industries thanks to their excellent performance, stability, and reliability.
Goodix touch IC GT911 is a touch controller chip designed and manufactured by Goodix Technology Inc., a leading provider of human interface solutions. The GT911 touch controller is designed for use in a variety of electronic devices, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and other touch-enabled devices.
Touch IC GT911 is a new 5-point capacitive touch solution designed for 7” to 8” Mobile Internet Devices, including up to 26 Transmitter electrodes and 14 Receiver electrodes to support higher touch accuracy.
GT911 supports up to 5 simultaneous touches with instant tracking of accurate position and motion routes as well as touch area. Moreover, it can report such information to the host as demanded.
2. Touch IC GT911 Product Features
Built-in capacitive sensing circuit and high-performance MPU
- Report rate: 100Hz
- Outputs touch coordinates in real time
- Uniformed software applicable to capacitive touch screens of various sizes
- Single power supply, internal 1.8V LDO
- Flash embedded; In-system reprogrammable
- HotKnot integrated
Capacitive touch sensor
- Channels: 26 (Tx channels)*14 (Rx channels)
- Supports capacitive touch screen sizes: 7” to 8”
- Supports touch key design on FPC
- Supports ITO glass and ITO Film
- Cover Lens thickness supported: 0.55mm ≦ Glass ≦ 2mm,
0.5mm ≦PMMA ≦ 1.2mm,
(For details, please contact Kingdom-tech on line or by emails)
- Adaptive frequency hopping
- Supports OGS full lamination
- Transmission rate：7.0Kbps(max)
- Data frame maximum capacity：128 bytes
- Applicable sensor stackups: OGS/traditional GFF/GG/GF
- Self-calibration during initialization
- Automatic drift compensation
- Operating temperature: -40℃ to +85℃; humidity: ≦95%RH
- Storage temperature: -60℃ to +125℃; humidity: ≦95%RH
- Standard I2C interface
- Works in slave mode
- Supports 1.8V to 3.3V host interface voltage
- Green mode: <48ms
- Sleep mode: <200ms
- Initialization: <200ms
Power supply voltage:
- Single supply: 2.8V to 3.3V
Power supply ripple:
Package: 52 pins, 6mm*6mm*0.8mm, QFN 0.4mm Pitch
Tools that supports application development:
- Touch panel parameter detector and generator
- Touch panel performance tester
- Mass production test kit
- Reference driver code and documentary guide for host software development
3. GT911 Touch Key Design
Touch IC GT911 supports a maximum of 4 touch keys in the following two ways:
1) Sensor extension: Take one Tx channel as a common line for the touch keys and connect the Tx channel to four Rx channels to form four touch keys. The touch keys must not share their Tx channel with the touch screen. However, Rx channels have to be shared.
2) Touch key design on FPC: Connect one separate Tx channel to four Rx channels to form
four touch keys. The touch keys have to share their Rx channels with the touch screen.
Touch key pattern on FPC should be designed independently.
Touch IC GT911 Application
Smart devices such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops, POS
AIoT devices such as wearables, hearables, smart home
Automobile screens, factory-installed products and aftermarket installed products
Industrial devices, etc
Application for Smart Phones
Smartphones have become an essential part of our lives, from daily communication to entertainment. Goodix is engaged in technological innovation that drives the development of the smartphone industry and aims to satisfy the needs of global consumers to achieve the ultimate user experience. We are committed to providing industry-leading products, including fingerprint authentication solutions, touch solutions, time-of-flight (ToF) ranging solutions, light sensors, eSE/NFC security solutions, audio amplifiers, and voice & audio software that satisfy the demands of global customers with even more differentiated value.
Application for Automobiles
We offer high-performance touch controller, fingerprint solutions, and touch key MCU for automotive, as well as in-vehicle voice enhancement solution, giving users an unmatched in-vehicle experience that is convenient and secure. Our innovative product portfolio has passed the automotive industry testing to meet the high standard and reliability requirements, and have been widely adopted by domestic and foreign mainstream automotive brands and Tier1 automotive suppliers for mass production.
Above information is provided by Kingdom-tech. Any questions, please contact us by email or online.
Related Product: Touch IC GT2863